Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Don't worry

Chapter 6 of Matthew was my reading for today.  I was sitting here thinking of all the things that are going on in my life. There are a lot of unanswered questions and a little bit of hurt to be honest. But this is not the time or place for that.

I love when I am completely clueless about what is going on in my life that somehow God shows me something that I haven't been seeing. He seems to just bring things to light that I have never seen but in the midst of a need, there it is.

Verse 6 says to go pray in secret and that you will be rewarded. My prayer life is something that has really changed over the past year. I have realized that if I claim that Jesus is my best friend, then we need to talk to each other. I am completely reverent when I pray but at the same time it's like a conversation. I say hello and say what I need to say and He listens. And then I listen so I can hear what He has to say. Our times together are so enjoyable and just help everything make sense.

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. I think that explains itself.

The next part is sometimes really hard for me. But it says to not store our treasures on earth where it can be destroyed. Now I'm human. And I'm not sure about you but I worry about money ALOT. Sometimes it's all I can think about. Why do I not have a better paying job? Why do I not get more hours? Why can I not just worry about the things I want?

There's a problem with all of those questions. And it's the word I. On my own, I am nothing. But then I look around me and see all the things I do have. I do have a job. I have a car to get to that job. I may not have much money but I have what I need. I have a place to live. I have friends and family that support me and love me even with how messed up I am. I'm losing weight which is an awesome feeling to see my clothes get looser.

But more than that, I have a Savoir. I am made in His image. He knows what I need and already has a way to fix it. I takes me as I am and is beginning to show me that I don't have to have the most money in the world. And I don't have all the things that I want because I have everything that I need.

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. And He holds it all, so just don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment