Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

But He judged me

Chapter 7. Judging people. I don't know about you but this is something that I have struggled with for a very long time. There's just something in me that says well they did it to me so why can't I do it to them.

I think verse 3 explains it best. Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye when there is a plank in your own?

Now I've never had a plank of wood in my eye but I've seen plenty of planks of wood in my life to know that it should be pretty obvious if you had one in your eye. But here's the truth. We don't like looking in our own eyes because we won't like what we see. It's much easier to pick up on other peoples' issues than it is our own. Because a plank is more painful.

What I'm trying to say is don't go around judging people for something small when in your life there is an elephant in a tornado in yours. Embrace your mistakes and learn from them. Then get out your magnifying glass and get to work on some peoples specks.

No comments:

Post a Comment